South County Hospital's Wound Care Center
401 788-1638, Wound Care Center
Where wound care outcomes consistently surpass the national benchmarks for excellence.
|Karen Soderberg-Gomez, MSN, RNP-C, CWC
South County Hospital's Wound Care Center offers state-of-the-art therapies and the most advanced treatments available for non-healing wounds caused by diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, venous disease, pressure ulcers, lymphedema, burns, chronic inflammation, and other conditions.
Our team of highly trained and experienced professionals achieve superior healing outcomes -- even with wounds resistant to traditional treatments. For the last three years, the Wound Care Center has received the Center of Distinction Award from Healogics, Inc., the world’s leading wound care management company. The award marks the Center as one of the top wound care centers in the country and is given to facilities that have outstanding patient outcomes for twelve consecutive months. The Wound Care Center is a collaboration between South County Hospital and Healogics Inc., a respected national leader in wound care research, treatment and healing.
Meet Our Staff:
The staff at The Wound Care Center is highly experienced in the latest wound care techniques. Your team:
- Eric Buchbaum, DPM, Medical Director
- Robert Capalbo, MD, Internal Medicine
- David Coppe, MD, General/Vascular Surgeon
- Andrew Dowd, MD, General Surgeon
- Matthew Jones, MD, General Surgeon
- James McCormick, DPM, Chief of Surgery
- Karen Soderberg-Gomez, MSN, RNP-BC, CWCN
- Lorraine Schwartz, MA, GNP-BC, WOCN
- Lori Curtin, RN, CWCN, Nurse Manager