Our Wellness & Fitness Center
401 782-8020, ext. 3484, Cardiopulmonary Gym
At South County Hospital's state-of-the-art Wellness & Fitness Center you'll find highly trained exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists ready to create a custom-designed exercise plan for you. Our goal is to see everyone in southern Rhode Island reach optimal fitness and health.
The Wellness & Fitness Center at South County Hospital offers:
- A southern Rhode Island full-service gym with treadmills, rowing machines, steppers, bicycles, elliptical trainers, strength-training equipment, and more
- Primary prevention and wellness programs to address needs associated with high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, weight management and senior fitness
- Access to classes, programs and lectures on topics such as weight-loss management, diabetes management and prevention, and smoking cessation
- Medically-supervised rehabilitation programs for individuals with cardiac or pulmonary disease or for people recovering from surgery
- A professional staff dedicated to guiding and monitoring your progress
- A record of superior outcomes
So your doctor tells you to exercise, but you're not sure where to start? This training program is designed for adults of all ages and fitness levels who are looking to establish a well-rounded exercise routine. Moreover, the program focuses on helping you manage and prevent chronic diseases, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and osteoarthritis, among others. Train one-on-one with an exercise physiologist, who is available mornings, afternoons or evenings. Cost is $150 for five, one-hour exercise sessions, and includes unlimited use of the South County Hospital's Wellness & Fitness Center. Call 401 782-8020 ext.3484 for more information.
Hours of Operation
The Fitness Center is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Your Health: Our Priority
If you would like to be alerted to existing and upcoming wellness and education programs, lectures and screenings, sign up for our monthly e-health newsletter by emailing us at email@example.com.